I love polenta and this is an interesting use for it.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Course: Main Dishes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (95% lean)
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (16-18 oz.) refrigerated prepared polenta, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package (8 oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 4 slices each
- Thinly sliced fresh basil
- Bring vinegar to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 9-10 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Set aside.
- Meanwhile lightly shape ground beef into eight 1/2-inch thick patties. Brush polenta slices with oil. Place patties in center of grid over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered 9-11 minutes or until patties are medium (160F) doneness and polenta is heated through, turning once and basting patties with 2 tablespoons reduced vinegar after turning. Season patties with salt and pepper, as desired.
- For each serving, layer 1 each polenta slice, burger, mozzarella slice, tomato slice. Drizzle with remaining vinegar and sprinkle with basil. as desired.