Healthy, filling and delicious!
Prep time: Under 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
- 3 cans white beans (cannellini or Great Northern)
- 1 sage leaf (or the equivalent dried)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 8 oz package frozen spinach, defrosted and rung out
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 Italian chicken sausage links
Remove casings from sausages. Heat olive oil & butter in large soup pan. Add sausage and break sausage up until cooked through and crumbly.
Add onions, garlic, carrots, celery. Cook about 10 minutes until tender. Add stock, 2 cans of beans, spinach, herbs, salt & pepper. Bring to boil, reduce & simmer for 1 hour.
In food processor or blender, pour entire contents of remaining can of beans into food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Add blended beans and cream to soup, bring to boil. Immediately remove from heat.
Excellent with freshly baked bread!