Yummy Eggplant Parm!
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Course: Main Dishes
- 2 large eggplants, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle both sides of the peeled egg plant slices with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Place strips of egg plant and the chopped onions on a non stick baking sheet, in a single layer, and bake for 5 to 7 minutes; turn the strips over and bake a little longer until the eggplant is slightly soft. You should still be able to lift the slices but they should be soft. Stir up the onions; they should be translucent. If one is done before the other, take it out of the oven until both are cooked.
- Mix together the ricotta, egg white, green onion and remaining salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9x13" oven proof casserole.
- Place a layer of eggplant and onion, using about one third.
- Cover with half of the ricotta mixture.
- Add another layer of veggies (1/3).
- Cover with the rest of the ricotta.
- Add the rest of the veggies.
- Add the remaining tomato sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove foil and bake another 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese is nicely browned.
You must be logged in to post a comment.