Posted to reciperate.com by Sam
|Really hot really cheesy soup. Great for cold nights.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chickens soup
- 1 lb. Velveeta
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar
- 2 6oz cans white crab meat (optional)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Chop green onions and celery.
- Grate sharp cheddar and chop Velveeta into smaller cubes.
- In a large stock pot, combine cheese, chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup. Mix well over medium-low heat until cheese begins to melt. Add garlic salt.
- Drain crab meat well and mix into stock pot (optional)
- Sautee green onions and celery in butter until translucent. Careful not to burn the onions. Pour mixture into stock pot after all cheese has melted.
- Slowly pour in 2 cups of milk, stir slowly over medium-low heat to prevent scalding.
- Crack fresh black pepper on top and serve with bread.
Note: In case of emergency, this soup can be used in place of central heating.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes