State semifinals next for Byrnes
Three area teams are one game away from state championship berths as the state semifinals are set for Friday night.
Byrnes (12 1) cruised to a 63 21 win against Lexington to set up a showdown with last year state runner up Dutch Fork in the 4A Division I playoffs. The Silver Foxes (10 3) defeated Spring Valley 31 28 in overtime. This will be the cheap jerseys first meeting between Byrnes and Dutch Fork since a 31 14 Rebels win in the 2010 playoffs.
Chapman (10 3) picked up its third straight road win with a 17 7 decision at Belton Honea Path. The Panthers have held their previous two opponents to 14 total points. Chapman will travel to Daniel (13 0) for the 3A upper state championship. It will be the first upper state title game in Class 3A for the Panthers in school history. They last reached the 2A state title game in 2007, finishing as runners up. The Lions are coming off a 41 10 victory at Greer.
Chesnee (11 1) will wholesale jerseys host its second straight 2A Division II upper state championship as Batesburg Leesville (10 2) comes to town. The Eagles are coming off a 46 28 win against Ninety Six. Batesburg Leesville downed Central 21 7.
Andrean outlasts Brebeuf for Class 3A state football title
INDIANAPOLIS As football moments go, it's one that Donovan Chandler and Andrean will never forget.
With the 59ers clinging by their fingernails to a 28 27 lead over rallying Indianapolis Brebeuf in Friday's Class 3A state championship game, the Women's Dustin Pedroia Jersey Andrean senior stepped in front of an Aaron Banks pass and raced 46 yards down the Lucas Oil Stadium sideline for a touchdown.
"There was an eye opening moment when I was like, 'I've got this,'" Chandler said. "I read the route, http://www.redsoxofficialauthentic.com/Authentic-Dustin-Pedroia-Jersey he broke it off to an out, I jumped it, and took it in. Touchdown. That's all I was thinking. It's one of those stories I can tell my children (some day), 'Yeah, that was me.'"
Andrean (15 0) withstood Brebeuf's last minute march to the 59ers 20, where, on the last play of the game, a Banks throw went off the hands of a leaping Chandler Glau and fell incomplete, sealing a 35 27 victory.
"He was wide open," Andrean coach Phil Mason said. "Any time you have a great season, somewhere along the line, something like that has to happen. Somebody was looking out for us. It was a great game to cap a classic season. At this point, it doesn't matter. All you've got to do is win by one."
That kind of drama sure seemed unlikely in the first half. When Matt DeSomer, playing on an ankle that hurt much more than he would ever let on, scored on a sneak at 7:12 of the second quarter, the 59ers appeared to be on their way to yet another postseason blowout, up 21 0.
"I thought we should've been up 35 0 at the half," Mason said.
The Braves scored twice in a span of 2:17 to draw within seven, then came within a missed extra point of tying the game when LeVante' Bellamy took a Banks screen pass 34 yards for a touchdown with 3:03 left. Down one, they reached the Andrean 33 early in the fourth before a Tom Albomonte interception.
"I think we got too excited, too big headed," DeSomer said. "We relaxed. Donovan saved us. We weren't going to let any team stop us."
DeSomer still rushed for 62 yards and threw for 137, including a sweet 43 yard TD toss to Jamie Johnson, but it was Trevor Berg who did most of the heavy lifting for Andrean. Berg rushed for 165 yards and two scores on 24 carries until an injury sidelined him on the 59ers' final http://www.redsoxofficialauthentic.com/Authentic-David-Ortiz-Jersey drive, an eight plus minute clock killer that ended on a narrow misfire from DeSomer to Tyler Petkovich at the Brebeuf 6.
"We put our defense Women's David Ortiz Jersey in such a bind," Braves coach Mic Roessler said. "They did the best they could given what (DeSomer) is able to do. He's a phenomenal athlete, one of the best we've seen. It's hard to stop, with as many attributes as the kid had. They've got so many different weapons."
In a game that broke the 3A state championship record for total yards (815), Banks set the individual record for passing yards with 268.
"We were just trying to keep them in front of us, make a tackle and live for another day," Chandler said. "We kept saying, 'We've got to get a stop here, make a play,' and we finally did."
Could Add To Growing Population CBS Pittsburgh
Their baby eaglet grew to full size and has flown away, but now they're back, building Women's Hyun-Jin Ryu Jersey again, meaning they plan to have more eaglets this coming year and for years to come.
"They are here to stay," Bob Mulvihill of the National Aviary said.
Mulvihill says eagles mate for www.dodgersofficialauthentic.com/Authentic-Yasiel-Puig-Jersey life, have an average lifespan of 30 years and generally stay put once they have offspring.
So this pair will likely stay in Pittsburgh well into the future.
"Once a www.dodgersofficialauthentic.com/Authentic-Hyunjin-Ryu-Jersey pair forms a bond like this pair had and proceeds throughout the nest building, egg laying, chick rearing stage, they very attached not only to the site, but to each other," Mulvihill.
There are now three nest pairs in Allegheny County 150 in the state and that number is growing now every year. Birders like Nestil look forward to having even more birds to enjoy.
"It's a grand bird," he said. "I could sit here all day just look at watch them it's unbelievable actually."
And so it appears that these eagles will remain an attraction here for perhaps years Women's Yasiel Puig Jersey to come. And in the process, help populate the rest of Pennsylvania with eagles who will be building nest of their own.
Reynolds Plantation www.nfljaguarsofficialshop.com/Allen_Robinson_Jersey_Jaguars
Official Description Allen Robinson XXL Jersey (provided by the hotel):
Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder that the family born to this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
101 things to do in Richmond
Summer is here and the time is right for checking out the many things to do around Richmond. Here's a list of some of the many fun things you could do on a Richmond staycation.
1. Iona Jetty. How would you like to take a walk right out into Georgia Strait? The Iona Jetty stretches nearly four kilometres into the water and features a walking or cycling path atop a large sewage outfall pipe. That's much better than it sounds. The jetty is at the northwest tip of Sea Island.
2. Richmond Maritime Festival. From Aug. 9 to 11, celebrate the seas at Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site. It's the 10th anniversary of the festival, which features maritime displays, entertainment, children's activities and much more. Among the vessels taking part this year is the tall ship Lady Washington.
3. London Heritage Farm. Home to a fully restored, 1880s built farmhouse and located in a park like setting across from the South Arm of the Fraser River. The house is open to the public with entrance by donation and features six rooms, including a country style tea room which serves "London Lady" London Farm's own blend of tea and homemade scones.
4. The Gulf of Georgia Cannery is a national historic site that commemorates the fishing industry. The Steveston site was used as a cannery, reduction plant, and net loft beginning in 1894. There are exhibits and a gift shop. Its artifact collection totals 10,000 items relating mostly to salmon, herring and halibut fisheries.
5. Steveston Dragon Boat Festival. Late August promises to deliver a great day of fun, entertainment and paddling in the form of the Steveston Dragon Boat Festival Aug. 24. with racing as well as hvfull.com an assortment of food, activities and vendor booths.
6. Go golfing. If you love to hit the links, then Richmond is the place to be. The selection of golf courses and practice ranges is extensive, sure to satisfy even the most discerning of players.
7. Steveston Community Pool. Neatly nestled inside Steveston Community Park, just in behind the community centre, the Steveston Outdoor Pool is one of the city's underrated recreation gems. The six lane heated outdoor pool is 25 metres long, but also features a three metre slide and a shallow pool for the youngsters. To top it off, there's even bleacher seating.
8. Paws for a Cause. Sunday, Sept. SPCA present their annual walk featuring hundreds of two and four legged participants raising funds for neglected and homeless animals. at Garry Point Park.
9. Go Bananas. Known as the place where kids go to party, at Go Bananas Playcenter kids 12 months to 12 years old can play in a safe and fun environment. Fridays and Saturdays.
10. YVR Take Off Fridays. 30, and enjoy delicious treats, rocking' beats and more that's sure to have travelers and staycationers alike eager to join in the fun. You're also invited to stop by the customer information counters to enter to win weekly prizes or the ultimate YVR Staycation Package that includes a behind the scenes tour for a family of four, one night accommodation at The Fairmont Vancouver Airport, and $250 in YVR Bucks.
11. London Heritage Farm Family Farm Fair. Early each August, on either the first of second Sunday of the month, London Heritage Farm hosts this annual fair. It's a day that features access to many special attractions including a petting zoo, pony rides, bouncy castle, face painting and other live entertainment. The Richmond Art Gallery also pulls its "art truck" onto the site, while a bake sale, craft fair and other concessions are sure to delight the entire family. Most of the fair activities are free with gate admission, which is $2 for adults, $1 for seniors and teens, and free for kids 12 and under.
12. Terra Nova. This generous 34.17 acre park in the Thompson region of Richmond is a true nature lover's paradise, with amenities in the environmentally sensitive area including native plant interpretation Red Bottom Shoes signs to educate the public about the types of native plants and viewing platforms for bird watching.
13. Finn Slough. This sleepy Fraser River fishing community at the south end of No. 4 Road is home to some 30 residents, who live in wooden housing built on stilts or floating along the marshy river bank. The slough was founded by Finnish settlers in the 1880s.
14. Indoor Beach Volleyball. Love beach volleyball, but want to avoid a potential sunburn? 6Pack Indoor Beach, located on Mitchell Island, provides a solution.
15. King George Park. A 30 acre parcel of land in East Richmond, King George/Cambie Community Park offers a variety of amenities including an artificial turf field, spray/waterplay, a community garden and a picnic area. So if you're looking for a little outdoor recreation for the whole family, this is one place that covers the gamut.
16. Steveston Museum's Guided Walking Tours. For those who have a yearning for the good ol' days, a guided walking tour of the historic Steveston fishing village may be just the ticket. Bookings are taken throughout the year, with the $5 tours taking about an hour to complete. The summer program, however, offered every Thursday and Saturday through September, are particularly unique. Call 604 718 8439 for details.
17. City Centre Concert in the Park. Catch the sounds of the city at this popular series of free performances featuring the likes of DJ Only (July 17), Lori Moore (July 24), Rick Parnell (July 31) and Sweet Scarlet (Aug. 7) through to the end of August at Garden City Community Park.
18. Richmond Public Market. Home to a cornucopia of ethnic foods, the Richmond Public Market is a one stop shop at which to purchase fresh produce or enjoy generous servings at low prices of such dishes michaelkorsoutletus.net as vegetarian dumplings and noodle soup.
19. See Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons at River Rock. One of the premier recording acts of the 1960s, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons scored 29 top 40 hits. Today, their doo wop influenced sound is trending again thanks to the success of the Tony Award winning musical Jersey Boys which chronicles the life and times of Valli and his group which are set to perform Aug. 9 at the River Rock Casino Resort.
20. Yonex Canada Open. From July 16 to 21, some of the top badminton players from around the globe will converge in Richmond for the Yonex Canada Open at the Richmond Olympic Oval.
21. Kite flying at Garry Point Park. The next time someone suggests you go fly a kite, consider taking them up on the offer. On a warm, sunny summer day, it's hard to top the joy while the prevailing wind whips up from the picturesque Fraser River.
22. Richmond Museum. Included in a downtown Richmond complex that also houses the main branch of the public library and the city's cultural centre and archives, the Richmond Museum's collection was started in 1961 by a group of local residents and today contains over 12,000 artifacts relating to the city's history.
23. Watermania. The name pretty much says it all. Part of the extensive Riverport Sports and Entertainment Complex that also includes the six rink Richmond Ice Centre, Watermania offers a complete aquatic and fitness experience under one roof including a 57 metre competition pool, one and three metre springboards, a five metre tower, an interactive wave pool, and a pair of watersides. Oh, and there are two large whirlpools and a 3,000 square foot fitness centre too.
24. The Zone Bowling. Get into the Zone and enjoy the magic of cosmic bowling, where every Tuesday is dinner and bowling night.
25. Dolphin Basketball Classic. Since its creation as a summer event for bragging rights between Richmond high school friends, the four on four classic has evolved into one of North America's premier outdoor hoops events.
27. Nations Cup. Billed as Western Canada's Premier Summer Soccer Tournament, the michael kors outlet 2014 34th annual Nations Cup kicks off July 19 to 21 at Hugh Boyd Park. The unique concept of grouping players based on their ethnic backgrounds and/or countries or origin creates an exciting atmosphere that provides players and fans alike the chance to express their ethnic pride.
28. Watching/photographing the planes landing at YVR. It's a long held tradition among local residents to head over to Sea Island and check out the action in the air. On any given day, particularly the clear summer ones, it's commonplace to see eyes and cameras focused on the skies as planes of all sizes take off or land at Vancouver International Airport.
Keywords: Giordana Cycle Jersey